The Unablogger

  • Vote NO on Judge Calea Stovall-Reid

    Voters in the City of St. Louis should vote NO on the retention of Associate Circuit Judge Calea Stovall-Reid. She frustrates law enforcement by setting minimal bail for dangerous defendants.

  • The Libertarian felon is no alternative to Roy Blunt

    This post is a bit of a throwback to a post about Missouri’s U.S. Senate race in 2012. There’s good reason for the similarity: the Libertarian candidate who drew votes away from the Republican nominee then and the Libertarian candidate likely drawing votes away from Republican Sen. Roy Blunt now are the same guy, Jonathan […]

  • Robin Smith is no political outsider

    Democrat Robin Smith’s self-portrayal as a political outsider in her campaign for Missouri Secretary of State is false. She is the daughter and sister of Democratic St. Louis aldermen in the political machine of J. B. “Jet” Banks. The office she seeks supervises elections and officials who verify the identities of absentee voters.

  • Media manipulation in MOSEN contest

    In coverage of Missouri’s U.S. Senate race, the St. Louis media are concealing newsworthy information about Green Party candidate Johnathan McFarland that might cause some voters to vote for him instead of Kander, and newsworthy information about Libertarian candidate Jonathan Dine that might cause other voters not to vote for him and vote instead for Blunt. It’s a small part of the “rigging” of elections by dishonest media that Donald Trump mentions frequently. It sounds crazy, but he’s actually right.

  • St. Louis gets its own Marilyn Mosby

    Out of this past week’s politically correct celebration of the sweep of all three citywide offices by African American candidates in the Democratic primary in the City of St. Louis, there is a note of concern for adherents of law and order. Kim Gardner, the state representative who won the Democratic nomination for Circuit Attorney, […]

  • #NeverTrump could set a regrettable precedent

    I don’t like Trump. I still haven’t resolved for whom I am voting in November. However, the budding movement to change the convention rules after the fact in order to deny Trump the nomination he won with the votes of legitimate (albeit misguided) primary voters and caucus attendees is the wrong thing to do. Here are a couple reasons why.

  • Cruz and Kasich need each other in race to beat Trump

    Ted Cruz taking on Donald Trump one-on-one isn’t necessarily the best path to victory. In many primaries, it would be better if John Kasich remained in the race. This article examines where and why that is., analyzing coming primaries. Cruz and Kasich need to work together, and each needs the wisdom and humility to understand the strategic value of standing down for the other.

  • Anti-Trump protests reminiscent of 2009 tactics

    Left-wing protesters succeeded in shutting down a Donald Trump rally in Chicago last week. Protest leaders admitted that their goal had been to shut down the event, not just protest it, and claimed victory. In fact, their admitted plans were to storm the stage when Trump appeared and overwhelm security by their numbers. Violence. Democrats […]

  • Time to vote strategically, unite behind Cruz

    I have favored Florida Sen. Marco Rubio for President ever since Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker dropped out. I also believe that Donald Trump would lead conservatives to electoral disaster if given the Republican nomination. Trump has been winning with large pluralities, but not majorities, but pluralities are enough to win, even in winner-take-all primaries. Trump will ride 30% victories all the way to the convention if the other 70% remains splintered. It’s time to united behind Ted Cruz.

  • Impact of disappearing LGBT identity politics

    Today’s Supreme Court’s decision legalizing same-sex marriage has an unexpected side effect. LGBT voters, heretofore distracted by wedge issues dealing specifically with their sexual orientation, are now freed from their single-issue devotion to the Democratic Party. Issues that matter to the rest of the electorate are now more relevant to LGBT voters. Many will conclude that Republicans now represent a better choice.

Posts navigation